Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's A Girl!!

I am so lame--we found out on March 11, but for some reason, anytime I want to post pictures, I put it off and put it off. We are so very excited! (We would have been happy with either gender, seeing as how we have a goodly number of each kind. . .)

The Sunday before my ultrasound, Justin asked each of the children what they thought the baby was. Ashley and Christina were hesitant to say for sure, but Christina wanted another brother "like Jeremy", and Ashley, annoyed by Christopher, finally voted for a girl. Then Justin asked Christopher and Emily. Christopher immediately said it was a boy, and Emily said the baby was a girl. They were both pretty adamant about it.

So on ultrasound day, I was trying to find a good time to tell Christopher about his new sister. He sat down next to me, and asked excitedly, "Did you find out about the baby?!" I cringed, then smiled and said, "Yes! The baby is a girl!" Christopher's face immediately melted into the biggest frowny scowl (with angry eyebrows) I've ever seen (well, at least on anyone but him. . .). I chuckled and said, "What's the matter? Don't you want a new little sister?" He turned away from me, folded his arms, and with the same frowny face, shook his head deliberately back and forth. I had to laugh! (He is getting more used to the idea now!)

Then I went to tell Emily. She listened to me tell her that she would be having a little sister, and she said, "I already told you." Yes, you did! (These little ones always do seem to know. . .)

So now we look forward to meeting our new little girl at the end of July!!

This ultrasound picture was taken in February.

And here's one from our most recent ultrasound:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you have to start the name-picking process....it's a pain for my brothers. Justin just goes with whatever I want (he's so non-opinionated!)

Mommy West said...

My Justin is definitely not non-opinionated (it's lots of fun with all the market and economy problems and the government trying to "fix" everything)! The name-picking can be tough, but kind of fun, too. But no matter what ends up on our list, we always wait until the baby's born to name it for sure. Justin has actually named all our kids but Emily--I knew what her name would be before I was even pregnant with her. The whole name thing is a long story with us. We'll see what happens with this one! The older girls have already given some suggestions, and we can't think of anything else that sounds like "our family" yet. I LOVE the names you've picked for your kids!!

Anonymous said...

We have that same opinion problem. Congrats on your newest daughter. I love the different reactions about this new little one.

Kayleen said...

Congrats!! I'm SO happy for you guys! Wow! 6 kids sounds like a lot of hard work and FUN!
Hey! f.y.i. I'm setting up a little "garden level" studio at home. (that is a fancy way of saying "basement"). Anyway - I'm specializing in newborns and children. If you are interested in any pictures let me know. NO pressure! Just am getting the word out.
www.kayleenfeilphotography.smugmug.com

Good luck with the pregnancy and choosing a name! So fun!!