Saturday, July 04, 2009

Moo, Moo, I'm A Cow. . .

The former stake president's wife pulled me aside after the last stake conference (in June) and exclaimed, "You're about ready to have this baby, aren't you!" I replied that we still had until the end of July, and she gave me some words of advice.

She reminded me that the last three weeks before delivery are crucial for a mother's rest--she has every right to slow down and take care of herself. "Look at a mother cow," she continued. "Do you see her jumping a fence right before she has her calf? Look at a mother cat. Do you see her running as fast as she can down the street?" She also illustrated her point with the behavior of mother dogs. "So you see," she finished, "you need to do the same thing. And when you get to that point, just remember that Bernadelle told you you're a cow." Thanks, Bernadelle!

(So what do we have going on these last few weeks before Baby comes? A shed being built in our backyard on the 17th--finally (long story)! Moving things into it. A husband who can only lift light things. Major organization that has to wait until the things that are moving into the shed are moved. Why do I do this to myself? I just hope Bernadelle, who lives down the street, doesn't find out! Hee, hee!)

2 comments:

ME Moon said...

why do we do this? because we know that AFTER the kid is born we're not going to have any MORE time.... :) so we're insane and we "nest" (is that what we call it?) like crazy before the baby is born.
good luck. i hope all the healing and resting goes well in the next while!

Mommy West said...

Isn't that the truth?! Thank you--I hope things will go well,too!