Saturday, July 18, 2009

For Cryin' Out Loud. . .

Okay, I'm already somewhat of an emotional person. But when I'm pregnant, watch out! Especially towards the end. It seems like I just keep falling apart, bit by bit, piece by piece, until there's nothing left but a dysfunctional puddle.

Justin knows we're getting to the end when I cry about seemingly everything. Here are some examples:
--Coming home from a weekend of little trips (a trip to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and my cousin's missionary report in his sacrament meeting) in the van, I realized that this was the last time we would ever go on a family excursion in it. Sob. . . (Justin told the kids we should just head straight to the hospital after this episode!)
--After spending too much time that I didn't have trying to get large car seats strapped into the Suburban the proper way (and mixing up the instructions), and realizing that the way I had envisioned things wasn't going to work, I was in tears and wishing not-very-nice things to whomever decided that built-in car seats shouldn't be the standard in all vehicles (like in my van!). Oooh, teary and testy!
--After spending a very long day getting the Suburban registered and the van signed over to someone else, I went out to turn off our water main (long story) and saw the van just sitting there by the curb waiting for its new owner. Memories flooded through my mind, and I just stood there, weeping, with my hand on the van. I am so sappy. Then, as I went into the house, I told the Suburban "welcome to the family." I am so sappy and dumb.
--Watching the van drive away for the last time, I cried again.
--My apple tree had to be cut down to make room for the new shed which has had to be postponed, but will be built soon. There was no other way to make it work unless we spent horrendous amounts of money, which would be ridiculous. Sniff.
--I thought about how Jeremy is so young and will not really understand why suddenly his mommy cannot pick him up and is constantly holding this little baby all the time. What will he think? Will he think I don't love him anymore? Oh, the tears!
--I took the kids to Davis Hospital (mostly for the youngest kids' sake) so they could see where I would be staying and where they would meet their new sibling. A dad brought his new child in while we were looking at the other babies. I lost it, of course.

I could go on, but going past a sampling of the things from the past week would take pages and pages and would be totally boring. And, unfortunately, it's not going to stop anytime soon! You gotta love hormones!

3 comments:

ME Moon said...

i think having kids has made me a sap. i get all sorts of choked up about things, even when NOT pregnant. i never even let myself think about getting choked up before. blame it on motherhood AND hormones. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh honey! I love you, my friend. And I have to admit I am giggling just a bit...It is good to know that there are other "cheeseballs" (as my husband often calls me...) out there.

Kayleen said...

Oh sweetie! You are so cute! I can TOTALLY relate. When I was pregnant with Reagan we knew we had to give up our Jeep Cheroke and I was SO sad! The dealership guy drove our trade in Honda van up from Provo. I bawled as he backed it out of the driveway. Crazy & Silly but it was honestly hard for me to let it go and say goodbye.
The embarassing part is that I can get emotional without the pregnancy hormones. .ask Liss. LOL
I teared up when my little Ford Festiva "Stubby" (looks like a glorified golf cart)drove away with his new happy owner. I owned that car for 14 years!! So many memories. Do you name your cars like I do? ha ha
Oh! It's like giving up a member of the family. And it's not like I can go visit him (meaning the car) or anything since he now resides somewhere in Idaho. Hope he's happy delivering pastries for his new family.

Oh well. I think you are so fun to write a post about it. :)
Crazy side note: I had a dream about you last night. You told me I decorated with a KMART color scheme! What the ?!?! And THEN if that's not weird enough you took me outside and showed me your families new MINI Smart Car and you smushed all your kids in it (like a clown car) and drove away. Ha ha!
I'm SO glad you have a suburban now! Much more roomy and safe! ;)

Love you!
Kayleen