Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baby's "Official" Birthday

We finally know Baby's "official" birthday! I say "official" in quotes because she could still come when she feels like it before her scheduled due date, which Emily decided to do. (I guess she didn't like the day we picked; don't blame her, it was the day Hurricane Katrina hit the U.S.)

I went in for a doctor's appointment last Thursday, and the doctor came in and told me that instead of the 27th, the baby will be delivered on the 24th. The hospital keeps changing their rules, and this time, they have decided they will only let doctors schedule the O.R's a month in advance. So Dr. Farley called at 8:00 A.M. on June 27th to schedule my c-section and found that his friend and former practice partner, Dr. Sumsion, who usually assists with my surgeries, had called at midnight! (I guess I'll have to razz him a little. . .) So Dr. Farley took the next best available day, which was Pioneer Day. Dr. Farley doesn't usually do Friday surgeries for his family's and ward's sake (he is a bishop also), but he told me he made an exception for me. Gee, thanks!

So unless Baby decides differently, she will be born on July 24th! We are really looking forward to it, and I am scrambling to finish everything I can before that day. Life is not cooperating with me, but I think everything will work out just fine. We are all looking forward to meeting our little girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Pioneer Day to both of you. What a great day to be born!!! :)

FOOD is MORE than... said...

Good Luck Melissa- Love to keep up on your blogs- you are super mom!! Can't wait to see pics of your new baby. Take care of yourself these last days and tell the fam hi!

Mommy West said...

Thanks, you guys!