Monday, June 01, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons. . .No worries; this is not a post about something going wrong. I am the proud recipient of the fabulous Lemonade Award! Thanks to Jaymie, an amazing, wonderful friend, and an amazing example of gratitude, for this show of confidence in my apparent abilities to make lemonade out of lemons. I am really trying to be grateful no matter what my circumstances, and even though I fall short and end up whining sometimes, I am trying. I find that when I look for something to be grateful for, even when it's hard, my life is filled with joy and peace that carries me through rough waters (big or small). I wish I could say that I am always this way, but I hope someday I will be!

I nominate the following blogs for this great award:

Jaymie at Mislaid Musings: I know you nominated me, but I just couldn't not nominate you! Jaymie is a great example to me of gratitude and unconditional love for others.

Kristin at Mormon Fury: My amazing little sister who finds so much joy in life no matter what life throws at her.

Becca at The Johanson Family: Justin's sweet and talented cousin who sees the good in everyone and everything.

Tara at Aaron and Tara West Family: Justin's "cousin-in-law" who listens to the Spirit and looks for the positive even in great adversity.

Starla at The Packer Family: Another of Justin's awesome cousins who has an amazing attitude and sweet spirit, and loves life.

Stephanie at The Finlayson Family: Another West "cousin-in-law" who adores her husband and children and shows gratitude in everything she does.

Melissa at Mooneroid Universe: Another amazing, wonderful long-time friend who radiates gratitude and a zest for life even amid trials that would make other people hide under their beds.

Kayleen at Our Family Feil: Yet another fabulous long-time friend who sees the beauty in everything and everybody.

Holly at The Cherry Family: I have known this gal for umpteen years, and her ability to stay positive and smiling amid life's "circuses" have my deepest admiration.

Grandma West at Roy and Lorna West Family (a blog with multiple contributors): Justin's awesome grandma who takes a licking and keeps on ticking, with more energy and ability to accomplish than just about anybody I know.

Angenette at The Incredible Imblers: An amazing person we met while young marrieds at BYU who has been through the wringer the past few years and still manages to keep going and creating joy and peace for her family despite immense grief and trials. I seriously don't know how you do it!

If you would like to gift this award to anyone you know, here are the rules:

1. Put the logo on your blog or on a post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude
3. Link to your nominees within your post (I was too lazy, but the links are on the right of my blog--if you would like a link removed, please let me know. . .I do want to respect your privacy. The links are so I can keep track of people, but I don't want to intrude on anyone.)
4. Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award
6. Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude

Through my own experiences, and through the experiences of others, I have found so much to be grateful for. I thank the Lord for His many blessings to me and for amazing friends and family who teach me so much!

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

Ahhh! Thanks Melissa! That was really sweet! :)
How are you feeling? You are a wonderful friend!!!

Mommy West said...

I am feeling good--and grateful! You are too!