Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

My dad is an amazing father. He has been totally dedicated to our family from the moment he and my mom were sealed for time and all eternity, doing whatever was necessary to support our family. Through financial hardships, my mom's many health problems, and all the stresses of life, he kept moving forward, always taking time to make sure each one of us felt loved, and always making sure we were taken care of. He has been so supportive of my mother through her health challenges and her return to full-time work, cooking and cleaning and helping wherever he saw a need. He always finds time to help others, even though he's so busy himself. I am so grateful for such a patient, loving, dedicated father. I couldn't help but think of him as I watched this incredible video--a true story about another dedicated, amazing father. I know you'll think of fathers you know and love that have touched your heart in a similar way. I am so grateful for my dad and for all the other dads out there that step up to their responsibilities and make this world a better place!

(I also want to express my love and appreciation to Justin, who is also a very dedicated and wonderful father. He has gone through so much to provide for and take care of our family. He worked almost full time through his entire stint of schooling, driving 2 hours to and from work in Salt Lake while attending school full time at BYU in Provo. His life was full of studying and work and not much else, though he always found time to help with the children and create great memories with them. He also served in a singles' ward bishopric his last year of grad school, which was a great experience, but also meant even more time spent working hard. Over the years, he has worked and prayed to provide for our family, and has listened to the Spirit about the direction we should go with his work and where we should live, and even though sometimes the answers have not been exactly what he would have liked, he has followed those promptings and we have been so very blessed. Lately it seems he's been so busy he hardly has time to sneeze, but he somehow finds time to be a great dad and husband anyway. Right now he's laying in bed with influenza and 2 bulging discs in his back which he's undergoing treatment for. He means more to us than I can even express. I love you, Justin, and I'm so grateful for your dedication to our family!!)



If you're having trouble watching the video on my blog, here's the link to it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhqRMP9meMc

No comments: