Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gettin' A Bigger Car

Well, we have reached the point where we need to graduate from a mini-van. Yes, I know there are vans that seat eight instead of seven, but we're tired of cramming stuff in, around, and under people, and our kids are getting bigger, so we're cramming them in, too. People usually ask us how many kids we're going to HAVE (yes, usually with that emphasis), and our answer is always the same. (No, it's not "none of your business," though it probably should be :), but rather "it's not up to us.") We think we're probably towards the end of the child-bearing years, but we just don't know, so it's really hard to decide what kind of car to get. Maybe we should just go all out and buy this beauty:


Yee-haw; transporting the family in style! Seats 20 comfortably. But that might be a LEETLE too much for our budget. Maybe we should consider something like this baby:

It's vintage; it's cheap; it seats 14. AND it has really cost-effective air conditioning (just roll down those windows)! SWEET! (This Sub's for real! Justin and I found this for sale on KSL while looking for Suburbans late one night. I can't remember exactly what year it is now; I think it's a 1946 interurban bus model. When we found this, I had been having the worst, most excruciating rib pain I had ever had in any of my pregnancies. I swear my ribs were almost dislocated, if not totally. When we found this we laughed so hard I cried, and the next day I could hardly stand the pain--I think I totally dislocated my ribs! But it was worth it! And, thank heavens, the baby turned and dropped, so she is totally out of my ribs.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's fabulous that so many cute kids are coming to your home. You are a wonderful mom and they are lucky to have you. Those people who harass you are just jealous. It's made them bitter. :) They'll get over it.

Mommy West said...

Thank you for your kind words. I surely don't deserve them! I know so many mothers (like you) would raise my children so much better, but I guess we're in this for the learning experience, right? When people ask those questions, I usually think, "Why are you asking that way? Is there a reason you think I shouldn't have more?" I know that's a weakness; I try to remember that only the Lord knows best. Besides, everyone has secret heartaches inside, and who knows what theirs may be? Anyway, I am grateful for friends like you who are so supportive and kind--thank you again!