Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Heart Is With You
Last night, after all my kids were finally asleep, I "visited" some friends at their blogs and discovered, to my great dismay, that two of my dear friends, women I admire more than I can express, suffered great losses.

The way they have handled their situations, the strength they and their husbands have shown, have touched my heart immensely. I am inspired by their faith and by the eternal commitment and deep love these couples have for one another.

I know that mere words can never express feelings of the heart adequately, nor can they heal or comfort alone, but the Holy Spirit can convey the deepest and most needed things, the tenderest mercies our Savior has in store for us. To my friends, I love you. My heart is with you; my prayers are with you. May God continue to bless you as you recover and heal from your experiences.

“When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow;
For I will be with thee thy trouble to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress."
--How Firm A Foundation, Hymns 85, attr. John Keith

No comments: